About Marianna Stranska
Marianna works as a set designer, costume designer, dramatist, multimedia artist and puppet-master for theater and film directors in the Czech Republic, France, Slovenia and the USA. Has created installations and interactive exhibitions and is a member of the creative group Orbis pictus aneb….
Since 2008 she is director and author of the visual concept for The Nomadic Theatre Žebřiňák of which she is co-founder and chairwoman, under a family association Stransky Art Company.
- 2022 costume design for Hoffman Talles at Novaya Opera in Moscow, stage director Arnaud Bernard
- 2021 costume design for Carmen at Novaya Opera in Moscow, stage director Arnaud Bernard
- 2020 set and costume design for Bed time!, Divadlo Drak, directed by Veronika Poldauf Riedlbauchova
- 2020 costume design for Cavalleria rusticana, opera by Pietro Mascagni, Mariinsky Theater, directed by Arnaud Bernard
- 2020 Andrea Chénier West at the Mariinsky Theater in St. Petersburg, stage director Arnaud Bernard
- 2012 MA at The Prague Academy of Performative Arts (DAMU) at the Department of Alternative and Puppet Theatre, specialising in Stage Design and puppet design.
- 2019 PhD. in Alternative Theatre and Puppet Theatre and The Theory at the same Academy.
- 2019 costume design for La Fanciulla del West at the Mariinsky Theater in St. Petersburg, stage director Arnaud Bernard
- 2018 costume design for Simone Boccanegra at Opéra de Lausanne directed by Arnaud Bernard
- 2017 costume design for Verdi’s Vespri Siciliani at the Mariinsky Theater in St. Petersburg directed by Arnaud Bernard
- 2017 design and implementation of costumes for Puccini‘s Tosca at the National Theatre in Prague directed by Arnaud Bernard
- 2019 circus show Božena at La Fabrika Theatre in Prague in collaboration with Holektiv and Matěj Forman.
- In collaboration with Veronika Poldauf Riedlbauchová she realised two Circus/Physical theatre pieces The Riverside (2012) and The Hunt (2017), recently a performance Do Hajan!
- From 2008 to 2010, she was co-creating two productions for the National Puppet Theatre in Ljubljana, Slovenia with director Matija Solce (Kabaret Luknja, puppet cabaret motives Carroll‘s Alice in Wonderland and Scorpio).
- In 2017 she created a complete design for the new puppet project Masinerija with the director Zoran Petrović.
- 2018 documentary movie The White World According to Daliborek, nominated for the Czech Lion Award for a as an art director and co-screenwriter with director Vít Klusák (premiered at Karlovy Vary Film Festival and selected at IDFA Master Selection in 2017).
- 2014 Cyril and Methodius: The Apostles of the Slavs, nominated for the Czech Lion Award, Czech Film and Television Academy Award in category Best Costumes for the film.
Since 2010, she has been a member of the art group Orbis Pictus (expositions in Prague, Brno, Zlín, Linz and New York ).